Welcome to 2012 Leatherneck Football Tailgating
Gameday @ The "Q"
- Tailgating no longer requires a permit or application
- Parking will be directed by lot attendants that guide tailgate participants to the next best available space
- Tailgating starts 5 hours prior to kickoff, and continues until 30 after the game
- Q Lot is the primary area for student and general public tailgating
- The Southwest corner of Q Lot is reserved for Leatherneck Club members.
- Leatherneck Club members should utilize the West entrance of Q lot
- Lot N (The Pit) is also reserved for Leatherneck Club members
- Restrooms are located on the south side of Q Lot and inside Hanson Field
Alcohol Consumption Restrictions for Tailgating
- The laws of the State of Illinois apply to all tailgate activities.
- No alcohol consumption by persons under age 21. (Violators will be subject to prosecution)
- No alcohol consumption outside of the specifically designated areas.
- No open alcohol containers on public streets or sidewalks.
- No sale of alcohol.
- Excessive amounts of alcohol and binge drinking are strictly forbidden!
- No kegs or common sources of alcohol; this includes any drinking apparatus, such as a "beer bong."
- No drinking games such as "beer pong."
- Glass bottles, drinking glasses and other glass containers are prohibited.
- No alcohol in the football stadium.
- No public intoxication or disorderly conduct.
- Alcohol can only be consumed during the Tailgate Time Limits.
- All Tailgaters will be responsible for cleanup of their areas.
- Persons who supply alcohol to underage drinkers may incur criminal and civil liability.
Any behavior deemed to be unruly or that disturbs other tailgaters will not be tolerated. At its discretion, the University may terminate parties or take other appropriate action against individuals, groups or organizations whose conduct during tailgating is irresponsible, unreasonable or inconsistent with University policies, regulations, ordinances, laws or these tailgate guidelines and procedures. WIU students in violation of these guidelines and procedures will also be referred to the Office of Judicial Affairs for review and potential disciplinary actions.
Charcoal grills are permitted for cooking. No open fires or fire pits are permitted. No dumping hot coals or grease on pavement in Tailgate areas. All tailgaters are responsible for cleaning their own Tailgate area.
Thank You All
Western Illinois University, the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and your Fighting Leathernecks thank you for your attendance, support, and cooperation. These guidelines were established for the safety and enjoyment of all fans. They are intended to provide an opportunity for everyone to come out early and have small, social gatherings. As guidelines, the above is not intended to be all inclusive. All other university procedures and policies will remain in effect. Attend and enjoy the game and please be respectful of all other fans. Thank you!